It will come as no surprise to our customers who operate in the retail sector that ‘Back to School’ shopping is the UKs 3rd biggest spending season – beaten only by Black Friday and Christmas.
So, its with this in mind that Royal Mail have announced their plans to offer a time-limited seasonal incentive, with prices for incremental Advertising Mail volume from 12 pence per item.
Applications for the incentive can be submitted from the 12th July with an application deadline of the 22nd August. The incentive itself launches on the 22nd July and ends 30th August.
High Level Requirements:
- For Mailmark Advertising Mail Letters and Large Letters up to 250g
- No Postcards (Single piece mailers are allowed)
- Trays only. Letters must be submitted in trays to ensure sorting is quick and easy
- Post at lease 25,000 incremental items to qualify
- Discounts are paid as postage credits that will be valid for 12 months
- Cannot be used in conjunction with Partially Addressed Mail service
How to Apply:
- You can download the online application form here https://www.royalmail.com/back-to-school-incentive-application
If you need any help completing this application, please speak to us. We are here to help and advise you on this process.
Royal Mail may request the following documentation to provide evidence of incremental volume:
- 12-month mailing/campaign plans dated before and after the announcement of the incentive showing volume that was in the plan; and
- Dated internal communication showing the decision-making process agreeing to use the incentive; or internal business case showing an increase in advertising budget to accommodate more volume;
- If you do not have any of the above, Royal Mail may require an email from a director of your company confirming that the volume is incremental and exceeds the volume posted in the corresponding period in 2018 and is only being posted because of the incentive.
If you have any questions or queries on this incentive please speak directly to your dedicated Account Manager, or Business Manager or call us on 0800 138 3551 to discuss further.