Class 1 Drivers
We are seeking Class 1 drivers to join our transport team, on a permanent, full-time basis, based at our brand new hub in Patchway, Bristol!
Up to £14.50 per hour plus benefits
Day and Night Shifts available – Tuesday to Saturday
The Delivery Group has a fantastic, friendly culture that thrives on teamwork, and we recognise that we need remain competitive in the market in order to attract and retain an elite fleet of drivers to our business. In order to achieve that, and reward our loyal workforce, we offer great benefits such as free, on-site parking, increasing holidays in line with service, and access to Perkbox.co.uk giving you; money off at major retailers, restaurants & cinemas and discounted gym memberships.
Due to our continued growth, we are seeking permanent, full time Class 1 Drivers to join our Transport team based at our Bristol Hub. Shift times will vary between the hours of 05:00 – 20:00. There will be some weekend work. It is essential that candidates are flexible to work outside of the normal core hours when required.
Class 1 Drivers’ hourly rate is currently £14.50
In return, all we ask is for someone who really takes pride in their work! You should be a team player with a diligent work ethic, and the confidence & motivation to hit the ground running.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Our Drivers are the face of the Company and they play an integral role in delivering excellent service to our customers every day. We are looking for professional, self-motivated individuals who can work effectively within a team and on their own initiative. Complying with Working Time Directive and Drivers hours and regulations as a necessity.
Reporting to the Transport Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that you comply with all EU and DVSA regulations and Health & Safety procedures, and also that the vehicle is in a safe and serviceable condition.
- Working to specified run list provided, complete collections and deliveries to plan
- Provision of excellent customer service, representing the Company with professional attitude and behaviour to customers and staff at all times
- Transportation and the safe delivery of Company and Customers’ products
- Ensuring that all deliveries and collections are completed on time to meet all deadlines
- Complying with local legislative requirements and Company policies & procedures
- Work as a team with other Transport Drivers as well as colleagues throughout the Company
- Always practice and promote teamwork, setting an example of attitude and performance
- Ensure that all vehicle Pre-Operational checks are completed to a very high standard before driving
- Ensure that all paperwork is completed clearly and a thorough de-brief is given to the Transport Department at the end of each shift
- Perform Manual Handling in a safe manner to avoid harm
- Report all defects immediately, once noticed
- Maintain regular contact with the Transport Department, particularly if there is a problem during your run
- Secure loads effectively and ensure loads are within the weight limits
- Perform any other ad hoc duties as required by the Company
Full training will be provided during induction and further training will be given throughout the course of your employment, to assist in progressing your career with us.
Who We Are Looking For:
For Class 1 Drivers, you must have demonstrable previous experience as a C+E Driver, with a sound knowledge of Road Transport Legislation. Class 1 Drivers should be able to understand the Company’s Health & Safety procedures delivered in English, and you should be diligent with a keen eye for detail, ensuring that everyone complies with the Company’s Health & Safety policy at all times. You should possess a composed temperament and be able to react calmly when things are not going according to plan. You should be passionate, driven and motivated to complete all tasks in the allotted timescales to the highest quality. A Knowledge of the mailing industry and downstream access market would be advantageous.
- At least 2 – 5yrs LGV / HGV driving experience
- Good interpersonal skills
- Relevant regulated driving experience
- Full knowledge and compliance of Road Transport Legislation
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal English
Required License or certifications:
- Full clean UK driving licence (or a maximum of 6 points may be considered)
- Completed CPC
- A current UK issued digital tachograph card
For Class 1: This role would suit a HGV1 Driver, Class 1 Driver, C&E Driver, LGV1 Driver, Class 1, Driver
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please contact us now by sending your CV to: Careers@thedeliverygroup.co.uk