Despatch and Goods-In Team Leaders
We have a number of exciting opportunities for full-time Despatch and Goods-In Team Leaders to join the Teams at our brand new hub in Patchway, North Bristol. The Delivery Group has a fantastic, friendly culture that thrives on teamwork, and we offer great benefits such as free uniform, free on-site parking, increasing holidays in line with service, quarterly bonus potential and access to Perkbox.co.uk giving you; money off at major retailers, restaurants & cinemas and discounted gym memberships. In addition, you could also have access to our Company Pension Scheme & other salary sacrifice initiatives, but most importantly the chance to work for one of the largest technologically enabled e-commerce and postal logistics businesses in UK!!
Shift times will be variable (early/late/day) (37.5 hours a week). However, it is essential applicants are flexible to work outside of the normal contracted hours when required. Team Leaders will report to either the Despatch or Goods-In Supervisor.
Successful applicants will have proven experience in the mail environment and will be able to demonstrate knowledge of processes relating to customers work and machine processes. You will also have satisfactory computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), and will be able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills with a strong focus on communication. You must also be capable of prioritising workloads effectively; working to strict productivity and delivery targets and must express a flexible approach to your working hours. Additionally, as a Team Leader you must be a team player and have proven experience of successfully leading, managing and motivating a diverse team to achieve goals.
- Ensure that all work is prepared to agreed productivity levels and quality standards.
- Work productively as a team so that mail is dispatched correctly, to agreed timescales.
- Guarantee that Health & Safety standards and regulations are complied with.
- Ensure all required paperwork is completed and provided to the appropriate internal and external personnel.
- Provide Management Information as agreed, in the correct format, and to agreed timescales.
- Act as the first point of contact for staff, escalating issues to the Supervisor as required.
- liaise with the Supervisors and Hub Manager as required for relevant operational and statistical information on priorities of work /collection and deliveries for the day.
- Direct the work of team members to achieve and maintain quality and productivity levels.
- Maintain records and review documents prepared by the team.
- Monitor the performance of team members.
- Perform the duties of a Warehouse Operative where this is required.
- Be responsible for H&S compliance for the team, ensuring high levels of H&S standards are maintained at all times, report any breaches of H&S regulations and accidents/near misses immediately.
- Communicate work practices, procedures and methods to team members, as required.
- Handle induction and training for new team members as required.
- Conduct team communication sessions with the Supervisor (team briefs).
- Provide accurate payroll information to the supervisor, in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the tidiness of the work area for the team.
- Open and/ or close and secure the building as directed.
The above list of duties and responsibilities may be changed, altered or added too in the future and is not exhaustive.
WHO IS THE DELIVERY GROUP?
Originally a letter delivery business, The Delivery Group has an outstanding track record for growth, taking turnover from start up to over £200 million in the last ten years since it was established. We have also been ranked several times in the ‘The North West’s Fastest Growing Company’ report and The Insider’s ‘Growth 100 Report’ as well as successful inclusion in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100. We have successfully diversified into the rapidly growing economy parcels market, capitalising on the boom in online shopping. The Group is now represented by multiple sites around mainland UK and continues strong growth year on year.
If you enjoy being part of a fast-paced, friendly working environment, this role is for you! On top of your annual salary, you will be entitled to receive a Shift Allowance, paid monthly for your additional responsibilities.
Ready to apply?
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please contact us now by sending your CV to: Careers@thedeliverygroup.co.uk
Closing date: 12th July 2019