We are Postal Choices Limited a subsidiary of The Delivery Group Limited, incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 5149376, registered office at Unit 2, Catalina Approach, Omega South, Warrington, WA5 3UY (the “Company” or “we” or “us”).
The Company and personal information: We are committed to lawful, fair and transparent processing of all personal information about our employees, customers, suppliers and other third parties during the course of our business activities. We will always comply with any applicable data protection legislation and we will ensure that collection and use of personal information is carried out in accordance with applicable data protection laws. The main law governing data protection is the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016) known as the “GDPR”.
What this policy is: This policy sets out the basis on which we will process any personal information about you or individuals generally – whether it’s information we collect from those individuals or that is provided to us from other sources. This policy sets out rules on data protection and the legal conditions that must be satisfied when we obtain, handle, process, transfer or store personal information.
Registration: We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office and abide by The Data Protection Act 2018.
Please note that, as explained below, we may be processing your personal data on behalf of another party, such as one of our clients, who will be the data controller in respect of that information.
Controlling and processing information: We are the controller of all personal information used in our business for our own commercial purposes. Sometimes though, we will process personal information on behalf of another data controller – and when this is the case, we will do so only in accordance with the instructions of that data controller and otherwise in accordance with the GDPR. If we are processing on behalf of another data controller, that data controller will provide relevant information to you about how your data is being shared.
Why you should read this policy: It is important that you read this policy, together with any other documents referred to in it, so that you are aware of how any personal information relating to you will be dealt with by us.
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We are accountable for demonstrating compliance with the GDPR’s six principles of processing personal information. These provide that personal information we deal with must be:
- processed fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner;
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary;
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date;
- not kept for longer than necessary; and
- processed securely, maintaining integrity and confidentiality.
SOME BASIC DEFINITIONS WE USE IN THIS POLICY
Personal information: In this policy, when we use the term “personal information” we mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable human being. (An “identifiable natural person” is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, for example, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, biometric, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that person).
Sensitive personal information: In this policy, when we use the term “sensitive personal information” we mean special categories of information which are personal information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying someone, data concerning health or data concerning someone’s sex life or sexual orientation.
THE KIND OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
We may collect, record, organise, structure, store, adapt, alter, retrieve, consult, use, disclose by transmission, disseminate or otherwise make available, align or combine, restrict, erase or destroy the following types of personal information about you:
- Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers and personal email addresses.
- Job title and place of work
- Demographic information such as your postcode
- Information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Marital status
- Details of transactions you carry out through our website and mail management systems or by other means, the fulfilment of your instructions and any subsequent communications with you about any of these.
- Details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own administrative purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We may record telephone conversations for training and security purposes. You will be notified if recording is taking place at the commencement of any call.
- Closed circuit television recordings within our premises for safety and security purposes.
We do not collect, store or use sensitive personal information.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED?
In the course of our business, we may collect personal information directly from an individual:
- when you provide information in relation to services we might provide to you;
- when you submit an enquiry about our goods or services;
- when you sign up to our mailing list;
- when you provide personal information directly to members of our team
- when you complete our ‘Registration Form’ when you (or the person on whose behalf you are acting) commence trading with us.
We may also collect personal information about individuals from other sources such as:
- clients to whom we provide services and who ask us to process personal information on their behalf
- to confirm any bought-in marketing lists, information provided to us by marketing agencies, information provided to us by referrers, etc.
We will only collect personal information to the extent that it is required for the specific purpose notified to individuals about whom we are collecting it and/or as instructed by any data controller on whose behalf we are acting – and we will keep it only as long as is necessary.
HOW WE WILL USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only use personal information when the law allows us to do so and relying on a relevant basis for lawful processing in each instance. We will use your personal information in the following circumstances, relying on the basis of processing indicated:
Basis of processing: Where we need to perform a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us (contact details mailing data files).
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (contact details, mailing data files, payment information and any information relating to personalisation status).
- To provide service updates concerning shipments and or services that you have booked with us (contact details).
Basis of processing: Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party, such as a client using our delivery services) and we have undertaken an assessment to determine that processing for those interests (listed below) does not outweigh your interests and fundamental rights, considering the nature and impact of the processing and any relevant safeguards we can put in place
- To perform our obligations under any contract with our clients (name, contact details, dates of birth, transaction details, mailing data files and other related information that our clients may provide).
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device (online identifiers, location data and other technical information).
- To provide you with information, products or services that we feel may interest you, (where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes to the extent consent is required by law) (contact details and any information relating to personalisation preferences).
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so (online identifiers, location data and other technical information).
- To notify you about changes to our service (contact details).
- To maintain a basic amount of information about you and your transaction history, in order to provide you with a service tailored to your preferences (contact details, payment history and any information relating to personalisation status).
Basis of processing: Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- To retain basic transaction details for the purpose of tax reporting (contact details and transaction history).
Basis of processing: Where you have consented to the processing.
- To use non-essential cookies on our website (see “Cookies” section below for further information) (online identifiers, location data and other technical information). You have the right to withdraw consent to such use at any time by contacting us but please note that some or all parts of our website may no longer be accessible to you.
- To send you direct marketing communications via email, text message, post or telephone call (contact details). You have the right to withdraw consent to any such use at any time by contacting us.