Delivering lower prices
Advertising Mail is a Royal Mail Wholesale (RMW) service simply aimed at delivering lower prices.
Letters: From January 3rd 2017, Advertising Mail attracts 5.147p per item discount
Large Letters: From January 3rd 2017, Advertising Mail attracts 8.051p (up to 100g) per item discount and 8.206p (101-250g) per item discount
Eligible items are limited to addressed Direct Mail (DM) Mailing Items “comprising a largely uniform message with the purpose of promoting the sale or use of products or services or to encourage, contribute to or support a cause”.
To get these lower prices, the contents of Advertising Mail items must meet the specification, including:
- Letter or large letter format
- Minimum 4,000 items regardless of format
- In instances where data is not from a consent based file, the customer must have in place a documented procedure that is used to suppress customer and prospect data against the Mailing Preference Service (MPS), including MPS Deceased, and each address list for each Advertising mail posting must be run against these files 30 days or less before the mailing item that uses the data is delivered to the recipient.
- An internal suppression file must be kept and maintained to ensure opt-outs are properly logged, and each campaign must be run against these files 30 days or less before the posting is prepared.
- At least 90% of mailing items must be fully and accurately addressed and postcoded in accordance with Royal Mail’s Postcode Address File (PAF).
- A Royal Mail seed must be included in these mailings – ONEPOST can add this into the data for sortation if required.
To download the full checklist & see the latest DM guidelines, please visit the resources page.
What is Responsible Mail?
Responsible Mail is a Royal Mail Wholesale (RMW) service that offers you lower prices by posting environmentally-friendly direct mail (equivalent to the Royal Mail Retail Sustainable Mail service).
The service is an ‘add-on’ option for mailings that qualify as Advertising Mail.
You’ll pay lower prices whilst being environmentally aware, demonstrating your environmental credentials to your own customers and contributing to their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) scores.
The key is effective data management. Your mail is sent to up-to-date, accurate address lists. It avoids post going to, for example, people who have moved or businesses that have closed down. It minimises waste and means you’re more likely to receive responses.
Finally, Responsible Mail items are made using processes and resources that are known to be less harmful to the environment. All paper elements of a Responsible Mail item are fully recyclable.
There are two levels of Responsible Mail™ – Entry and Intermediate.
If you qualify for Responsible Mail, you will have also qualified for the Advertising Mail discount.
Responsible Mail Entry Level attracts a 0.5p per item discount on top of the Advertising Mail discount and Responsible Mail Intermediate Level a further 0.5p per item discount again.
Would you like more information?
If you would like to save money on your business mailings, please call us on 0800 138 3551 or contact one of our experts today.
We have a vast range of postal solutions, including:
Letters and Mail
We take care of everything, from collecting your mail to getting it delivered.
Packets and Parcels
We’ll make sure your packets or parcels are delivered smoothly and efficiently.
We’re experts at large mailing campaigns, product orders and individual catalogue requests.
We make sure your addresses are accurate, up-to-date and complete, so your post goes to the right people.