As part of our exciting business development plans The Delivery Group is opening a brand-new processing hub in Patchway, North Bristol. We are one of the largest technology-enabled e-commerce and postal logistics businesses in UK.
We are seeking a full time Processing Manager on a permanent basis to oversee the day to day running of all processing functions. Hours of work will be variable Monday- Sunday– (5 over 7 days- 40 hours a week), flexibility is required.
We are looking for a self-starter who is keen and enthusiastic, with a proactive approach and a ‘can do’ attitude. You will have good attention to detail and will be able to work effectively as an individual and as well as part of the Warehouse team. You must be competent in English and Maths, and should have the desire to learn, as well as a passion for success. An understanding of the mailing industry would be ideal and experience of Down Stream Access is essential as you’ll be required to look at the compliance of mail pieces as well as the volumes coming in. Ideally, you will have GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above, this is desirable but not essential.
The Processing Manager will report to the Processing Director. The purpose of the Processing Manager Role is to:
- To manage the day to day running of all processing functions with the operation at the Bristol Depot. To include all Bulk mail, unsorted mail processing and the goods in and despatch functions.
- Ensure the staffing levels for all of the warehouse teams within the depot are operating within the agreed budgeted figures
- To ensure all Bulk mailings are processed to the agreed SLA’s and any issues communicated to the Sales and Client services teams
- To ensure all unsorted mailings received into The Delivery Group network are processed on time and via the most cost effective stream
- Ensure these mailings are compliant with the format and service selected
- Manage the day to day processes of the Processing teams at the Bristol depot
- Ensure high levels of H&S standards are maintained at all times
- Provide detailed processing reports to the Director of Processing
- Lead team meetings
- Ensure all teams operate within set budgets
- Ensure all departments operate within agreed SLA’s
- Liaise with Sales and Client Services on any issues
- Coach and develop supervisory team
- Carry out Disciplinary & Grievance meetings
- Provision of excellent customer service, displaying a professional attitude and behaviour to customers and staff at all times
- Wearing of company uniform if required and any required safety clothing at all times
- Compliance with procedures for timesheet completion and authorisation and absence management
- Following agreed procedures in the case of accidents as outlined in the H&S handbook
- Keeping the work area in a clean and safe state at all times
- Work to the standards and procedures as set out in the company’s Employee, Drivers, and Health & safety Handbook
- Compliance with all The Delivery Group Company procedures
- Experience in the Down Stream Access mail industry.
- Understanding of mail services provided by RM and The Delivery Group
- Able to prioritise workload effectively.
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Ability to manage and work in cross-functional and intercultural teams
- Ability to read and understand routing codes / Postcodes and SSC’s (Standard Selection codes), understanding of a Sort 70 selection.
- Maintain a continued work rate for up to 10 hours if required.
- Good administration skills, literacy and numeracy.
- Be an excellent team player and contribute fully to achieve a goal.
- Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent.
- Knowledge of C9 compliance and security and integrity protocols.
This list is not exhaustive and more may be added as other areas of need are identified.
WHO IS THE DELIVERY GROUP?
Originally a letter delivery business, The Delivery Group has an outstanding track record for growth, taking turnover from start up to over £200 million in the last ten years since it was established. We have also been ranked several times in the ‘The North West’s Fastest Growing Company’ report and The Insider’s ‘Growth 100 Report’ as well as successful inclusion in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100. We have successfully diversified into the rapidly growing economy parcels market, capitalising on the boom in online shopping. The Group is now represented by multiple sites around mainland UK, and continues strong growth year on year.
If you enjoy being part of a friendly working environment that is fast-paced, then this role is definitely for you.
Ready to apply?
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please contact us now by sending your CV to: Careers@thedeliverygroup.co.uk
Closing date: 12th July 2019