We have a number of exciting opportunities for full-time Shift Supervisors to join the Warehouse and Processing Teams at our brand-new North Bristol hub.
The Delivery Group has a fantastic, friendly culture that thrives on teamwork, and we offer great benefits such as free uniform, free on-site parking, increasing holidays in line with service, quarterly bonus potential and access to Perkbox.co.uk giving you; money off at major retailers, restaurants & cinemas and discounted gym memberships. In addition, you could also have access to our Company Pension Scheme & other salary sacrifice initiatives, but most importantly the chance to work for one of the largest technologically enabled e-commerce and postal logistics businesses in UK!!
The Shift Supervisors will lead Teams of Operatives at our North Bristol Hub. The roles are 40 hours per week over 7 days, working variable shift patters (early/late/day). However, it is essential applicants are flexible to work outside of the normal contracted hours when required
Successful applicants should be self-starters who are highly organised, with a proactive approach and a ‘can do’ attitude to problem solving. They will be experienced in the Down Stream Access environment and have high attention to detail. They will possess high levels of initiative, energy and have passion and dedication for completing tasks to the highest standards. They must be able to work effectively as an individual, as well as part of the warehouse team and have proven experience in managing and motivating a team. They will have strong communication skills and be competent in English & Maths. They must also have IT skills and be able to utilize Microsoft Excel proficiently.
- To ensure that all work is prepared to agreed productivity levels, quality standards and agreed customer SLA’s.
- Drive productivity and quality within the various Mail team.
- Direct the work of team members.
- Monitor & manage the performance of team members.
- Monitor and report all Sickness and Absence on daily / weekly report documents as required.
- Perform the duties of a warehouse operative where this is required.
- Be responsible for H&S compliance for the team, reporting any breaches of H&S regulations and incidents/accidents.
- Communicate work practices, procedures and methods to team members, as required.
- Conduct induction and training for new team members as required.
- Open and/or close and secure the building as directed.
- Conduct team communication sessions (team briefs).
- To provide accurate and timely payroll information to the payroll team.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management.
- Any other ad hoc duties required by the Company.
The above list of duties and responsibilities may be changed, altered or added too in the future and is not exhaustive.
Reporting to the Processing Manager, the Shift Supervisors are responsible for delivering effective management of the Mail operational function.
If you enjoy being part of a fast-paced, friendly working environment, this role is for you! On top of your annual salary, you will be entitled to receive a Shift Allowance, paid monthly for your additional responsibilities.
WHO IS THE DELIVERY GROUP?
Originally a letter delivery business, The Delivery Group has an outstanding track record for growth, taking turnover from start up to over £200 million in the last ten years since it was established. We have also been ranked several times in the ‘The North West’s Fastest Growing Company’ report and The Insider’s ‘Growth 100 Report’ as well as successful inclusion in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100. We have successfully diversified into the rapidly growing economy parcels market, capitalising on the boom in online shopping. The Group is now represented by multiple sites around mainland UK and continues strong growth year on year.
Ready to apply?
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please contact us now by sending your CV to: Careers@thedeliverygroup.co.uk
Closing date: 12th July 2019