An exciting opportunity has arisen for a permanent full-time Transport Coordinator at The Delivery Group’s brand-new hub in Bristol. The hours of work are 40 hours per week, with variable shift times (early/late/day). However, it is essential applicants are flexible to work outside of the normal core hours when required.
Who we’re looking for…
As a Transport Coordinator you will have already gained experience in a fast-paced transport/administration environment. You must be organized, have excellent attention to details, be proactive and able to manage your workload effectively. You must be confident to work with various IT systems. You will need to be a strong communicator in both verbal and written English and be both polite and professional to external and internal colleagues. You will need to be able to use your initiative, adapt quickly to any changes of situations and keep a calm temperament.
- Management of all daily transport movements
- Conduct daily briefing and debriefing for all drivers ensuring all relevant information is captured.
- Update drivers run list and manifests accordingly.
- Complete administrative duties as required including route sheets, drivers time sheets, agency drivers’ hours, IMC paperwork and TMS data inputting
- Monitor vehicle and trailer types and amend where required due to operational requirements
- Ensure all collections and deliveries are performed on time and in the most cost-effective manner by tracking vehicles using the latest technology provided by Fleet Trak and support Client Services with ETA’s when required
- Update the transport measurement system to ensure that all relevant data can be measured by KPI’s.
- Ensure that Industrial Relations are maintained and keep good working relationship between the Transport Controllers and the drivers
- Be responsible for first level of disciplinary investigations for all drivers
- Ensure all drivers are always wearing approved Company uniform and full correct PPE
- Ensure all Health & Safety Regulations are upheld at all times
- Ensure driver Digi-Card downloads are completed at the start of the shift and at the end of the shift, as per TDG procedure
- Complete Vehicle Unit downloads within 4-dys of the last download
- Manage driver daily vehicle checks and defect reporting through new digital system and liaising with Maintenance Service Suppliers
- Ensure vehicles and trailers are available for Planned Maintenance Inspections and MOT’s and go to the workshop on time
- Monitor PMI reports and MOT Prep reports for repairs not captured on daily driver checks
- Complete daily handover logs to ensure all issues are communicated to the next shift
- Complete any other duties as required by The Delivery Group
This list is not exhaustive and may vary as other areas of need are identified.
Working closely with the Transport Manager, The Transport Coordinator will be responsible for providing effective day-to-day management of all transport movements into all Company operational facilities; from customer collection through to delivery.
- Excellent knowledge of all Vehicle Operator Licence requirements
- Excellent knowledge of all EC and UK drivers’ hours regulations
- Experience of working as a Transport Controller/Co-Ordinator within a multi-collection environment
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to ensure total compliance whilst maintaining customer service levels
- Exceptional organisational skills and able to effectively manage own workloads
- Experienced in Microsoft Office systems and other office systems
- Strong communicator in both verbal and written English and be both polite and professional to external and internal colleagues
If you enjoy being part of a fast-paced, friendly working environment, this role is for you! On top of your annual salary, you will be entitled to receive a Shift Allowance, paid monthly for working the particular shift as outlined above.
Ready to apply?
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please contact us now by sending your CV to: Careers@thedeliverygroup.co.uk
Closing date: 12th July 2019