As part of our exciting business development plans The Delivery Group is opening a brand-new processing hub in Patchway, North Bristol. We are one of the largest technology-enabled e-commerce and postal logistics businesses in UK.
We are seeking a permanent, full time Transport Manager, to manage our Bristol Hub.
This role will be 40 hours per week, 5 days over 7, however it is essential that candidates are flexible to work outside of the normal core hours when required.
- Ensuring all partners in the supply chain are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations.
- Ensure that all owned and hired equipment are compliant with all legal, Regulatory and contractual requirements, and where necessary escalated to the operations director
- Managing all transportation activities.
- Monitoring transport costs.
- Hold supplier meetings with agencies and suppliers of services (Tyre, vehicle maintenance and hire companies).
- Manage payroll, Holidays and recruitment.
- Negotiating and bargaining transportation prices.
- Dealing with the effects of congestion.
- Develop and implement a proactive, planned and structured approach to the maintenance of vehicles
- Manage and develop a team of drivers and transport assistants to ensure you are giving quality of service.
- To be able to work within a larger team in an effective manner and promoting the company’s common purposes through established company policies, procedure and practises.
- General interaction with drivers and warehouse teams.
Training will be provided during induction and further training will be given throughout the course of your employment, to assist in progressing your career with us.
The above list of duties and responsibilities may be changed, altered or added too in the future and is not exhaustive.
As the Successful Transport Manager, you will need:
- Excellent geographical knowledge.
- Good people management and coordination skills.
- Excellent financial acumen.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of the transportation industry.
- Good intuition to make crucial judgment calls.
- An excellent understanding of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Previous management experience within the Logistics sector
- A confident and enthusiastic personality, with an ambitious and forward-thinking attitude.
- The ability to follow instructions and use your initiative to make logical decisions.
- Meticulous, precise attention to detail, with a desire to get things right the first time.
- An analytic mind and good mathematical skills and demonstrable confidence with numbers.
- Confident and proficient skills in the use of MS Office and using mobile technology in the field.
- Excellent communication skills and be extremely personable, polite and professional.
- Good time management with the ability to prioritise tasks.
- To be process driven and able to manage projects as required
- Valid CPC card desirable
- A clean (maximum of 3 pts) Full UK driving licence.
WHO IS THE DELIVERY GROUP?
Originally a letter delivery business, The Delivery Group has an outstanding track record for growth, taking turnover from start up to over £200 million in the last ten years since it was established. We have also been ranked several times in the ‘The North West’s Fastest Growing Company’ report and The Insider’s ‘Growth 100 Report’ as well as successful inclusion in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100. We have successfully diversified into the rapidly growing economy parcels market, capitalising on the boom in online shopping. The Group is now represented by multiple sites around mainland UK, and continues strong growth year on year.
Ready to apply?
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please contact us now by sending your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12th July 2019