Vehicle Compliance Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Vehicle Compliance Manager to join the Transport Team at our brand new hub in Bristol. The Delivery Group has a fantastic, friendly culture that thrives on teamwork, and we offer great benefits such as free uniform, free on-site parking, increasing holidays in line with service, quarterly bonus potential and access to Perkbox.co.uk giving you; money off at major retailers, restaurants & cinemas and discounted gym memberships. In addition, you could also have access to our Company Pension Scheme & other salary sacrifice initiatives, but most importantly the chance to work for one of the largest technologically enabled e-commerce and postal logistics businesses in the UK!!
The Vehicle Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring the fleet is complaint with the Operator Licence, making sure all vehicles are in the workshop in-time for six weekly / 13weekly inspections, MOT’s, TLOL & weight testing. Dealing with any defects on vehicle’s & breakdowns
This role will be 40 hours per week, 5 days over 7, however it is essential that candidates are flexible to work outside of the normal core hours when required.
- Ensuring all drivers have done their daily checks by completing a defect sheet.
- Compiling a report on all defects for the drivers from the previous day.
- Ordering fuel for the vehicles.
- Ordering straps, parts, defect books, tacho rolls, vehicle wash.
- Printing off weekend drivers run sheets.
- Briefing weekend drivers on their daily driver run sheet.
- Ensuring trailer numbers are added to TMS for logging purposes.
- Daily walk round checks in the yard to account what vehicles & trailers we have on site.
- Daily/ weekly / monthly KPI reporting for both company vehicles & company cars..
- Hiring & de-hiring vehicle’s if needed.
- Dealing with workshop / contractors for updates & booking in vehicles.
- Sending out a vehicle / handover report for operations / following shift each evening on what can / cannot be used.
- Producing a daily operation report.
- Compiling mileage from driver’s sheets into a spread sheet for daily ops reporting.
- Run a mileage report also from Web-Fleet.
- Filing all vehicle paperwork i.e. Inspections sheets / MOT Cert, defect sheets etc.
- Spot / maintain checking vehicle files to ensure all correct documentation is up to date.
- Maintain the service schedule.
- Adding & removing vehicles to & from the company insurance.
- Responsible for day to day efficient & safe use of transport equipment.
- Assist the Transport manager.
- Prepare reports as required.
- Working with operations to provide safe & efficient transportation.
- Ensure ISO390001 controls & procedures are strictly adhered to.
Training will be provided during induction and further training will be given throughout the course of your employment, to assist in progressing your career with us.
The above list of duties and responsibilities may be changed, altered or added too in the future and is not exhaustive.
As the Successful Vehicle Compliance Manager, you will need:
- Knowledge of transport operations.
- Confident and proficient skills in the use of MS Office and using mobile technology in the field.
- The ability to be a team player and fit in with the company culture.
- Ability to multitask whilst paying precise attention to detail, with a desire to get things right the first time.
- Excellent communication skills and be extremely personable, polite and professional.
- Experience in working in a fast-pace admin environment.
- Experience in word excel, database & document.
- Excellent understanding of the English language, both written and verbal.
- The ability to follow instructions and use your initiative to make logical decisions
- Maintain a disciplined & logical approach to all tasks.
- Ability to prioritise workload & impart good judgement.
WHO IS THE DELIVERY GROUP?
Originally a letter delivery business, The Delivery Group has an outstanding track record for growth, taking turnover from start up to over £200 million in the last ten years since it was established. We have also been ranked several times in the ‘The North West’s Fastest Growing Company’ report and The Insider’s ‘Growth 100 Report’ as well as successful inclusion in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100. We have successfully diversified into the rapidly growing economy parcels market, capitalising on the boom in online shopping. The Group is now represented by multiple sites around mainland UK, and continues strong growth year on year.
Ready to apply?
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, please contact us now by sending your CV to HR or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12th July 2019