MarketReach are the Royal Mail specialists whose key purpose is to help all of us get the most out of our investment in mail. Over the last few years MarketReach have conducted a wide range of customer surveys interrogating how consumers react to the mail we send them.
A pivotal piece of their research called ‘The Private Life of Mail’ gives us fascinating insight into some of the ways people interact with mail;
- Mail is displayed – 39% of those surveyed said they had a dedicated display area in their home for keeping mail
- Mail is passed around – 23% of mail is shared between people in a household, and 21% of promotions and special offers are shared
- Mail persists – Advertising mail is kept in the household for an average of 17 days, 38 days for door drops, and 45 days for bills and statements
- People feel valued by mail – 57% say that receiving mail makes them feel more valued, and 24% valued something more highly that they could touch – over just something they could just see
- Mail delivers results – campaign that include mail were 27% more likely to deliver top results, and 40% more likely to deliver top acquisition rates in comparison to campaign without mail.
MarketReach reported a measurable change in how consumers react when mail is added to other media, so carefully planning mail around your TV and email campaigns will boost the effectiveness of all three. You can request the full report here.